Despite being known as a fashion, music and lifestyle influencer, Bella Su has already decided there’s more to life than fashion. In PAKT’s latest Wardrobe Insider the Taiwanese beauty explains why not following trends is her thing, and that her main focus—aside from making music—is the importance of connecting with Mother Nature. Here she shares her passion for all things Rihanna, reveals her tips for being confident and who her dream collaborator is.
1) Describe your style in 3 words.
Elegant, girl next door and chic.
2) What’s the most precious item in your wardrobe and why?
A red Loewe Barcelona bag. It was a gift from a person that means the world to me.
4) Favourite piece you bought recently and why?
An Anna Kosturova handmade dress. I love earthy tones, and I appreciate that it’s handmade. I just went on a trip to Kenting, on the south side of Taiwan and this dress was perfect for the weather.
4) What’s your go-to outfit?
I love vintage t-shirts with jeans. But as I also like a sporty tomboy look, and I work out a lot, my daily outfit is often just biker shorts and a crop top with a sports bra underneath!
5) Who are your style icons?
Rihanna, she is the boss and I admire her attitude so much. Bella Hadid, as what stands out is her aura. I like her confidence and she can turn any outfit into her own special style. Amina Muaddi, she’s super edgy and so effortless but fresh, and I love that she designs shoes as her language to express who she is.
Left: Photo via Gotham/Getty Images. | Right: Photo via @aminamuaddi
6) What is the best fashion advice you have received?
No more than 3 colours in one outfit.
7) What’s your personal style signifier?
Detailed shoulders and sleeves.
8) Less or more?
It depends, sometimes less is more, sometimes it has got to be extra, extra, extra!
9) If you could have anyone’s wardrobe whose would it be and why?
Rihanna. Her confidence and outfits are everything a woman dreams of.
Left: Photo by Julien Hekimain | Right: Photo by Robert Kamau
10) If you were an item of clothing what would you be?
A black, suit jacket. In the same way that it goes with any look and always gives a different vibe, I feel like my personality is very easy going and I blend in with people easily but those people can be completely different types of people.
11) Where do you love to shop?
In LA. I like to shop at this vintage t-shirt store on Melrose. When I want a more streetwear, cool look I go to Kith. I also collect crystals, so I shop at crystal stores a lot too.
12) What is a must-have clothing item everyone must own?
Nice, chic black boots.
13) If a museum asked you to donate one item from your wardrobe that represented you what would it be?
Definitely my Alexander Wang black boots. I could wear them all day with any outfit.
14) What will we never find in your wardrobe?
Shirts with cartoon prints.
15) What’s your number one fashion rule?
Wear something that makes you feel like you, something that makes you you feel confident with yourself. Don’t follow the trends just because. You need to embrace your own personality with the outfits you pick to express the real you.
16) What is your dream project?
To make a song with Rihanna.
17) Dream collaborator?
Sasha Samsonova. A super talented director and photographer, who really brings out the delicate, sexiness in women through her works.
Left: Amy Hixson photographed by Sasha Samsonova
Right: Khloe Kardashian for Good America, photographed by Sasha Samsonova
18) Top 3 accounts to follow on social media.
19) Favourite fashion apps?
FRWD and Farfetch.
20) Where were the last three places you travelled to and what are the can’t miss shops?
Tulum. The store in Azulik has amazing handmade pieces.
Zak Ik Store at Azulik, Tulum
Taipei. This selective shop called Artifacts, I shop there a lot, they have good selection of stuff.
Amsterdam. Van Stapele Koekmakerij for the best chocolate cookies ever.
Photo by Lin Woldendorp for Het Parool