For women hooked on vintage shopping, co-founder of Vestiaire Collective, Fanny Moizant is a stylish disrupter whose clever platform makes it easy to shop the globe for preloved items from your living room. Her own personal style is also effortless, combining a cool, French girl vibe with a monochromatic colour palette. Here she talks to PAKT about style icons, where she likes to shop and dream collaborators.
1) Describe your style in 3 words
Classic, chic with a twist.
2) What’s the most precious item in your wardrobe and why?
3) What’s your go-to outfit?
A classic white t-shirt, a pair of Celine high waisted tailored trousers, a pair of comfortable sneakers with some statement jewellery pieces to accessorise.
4) What is a must-have clothing item everyone must own?
A classic, white shirt for sure.
5) Who are your style icons?
Vanessa Paradis and Sofia Coppola. They are both strong, smart and laid-back women. They have different styles, but the way they both dress is simple, chic and effortless. I love people who don’t look as if they work on their style, even if they obviously do.
6) What’s your personal style signifier?
A Breton top, wide leg high waisted trousers by Celine and a statement piece of jewellery.
7) Less or more?
8) What will we never find in your wardrobe?
Fast fashion items.
9) What is the best fashion advice you have received?
Less is more. It’s about quality and not quantity and knowing what suits your body and your lifestyle. That is key, and then it’s the art of mixing things up.
10) If you could have anyone’s wardrobe whose would it be and why?
I would have some of the boho pieces from Vanessa Paradis, some of the boyish charm from Caroline de Maigret and some of the classic, chic styles from Sofia Coppola.
From left: Vanessa Paradis, photo by Philip Gay for Elle France; Caroline de Maigret, photo by Pascal Le Segretain via Getty Images; Sofia Coppola, photo by Pascal Le Segretain via Getty Images
11) If a museum asked you to donate one item from your wardrobe that represented you what would it be?
Probably a vintage edition of the little Constance bag from Hermès in navy-blue, edged in tan leather.
12) Where do you love to shop?
13) If you were an item of clothing what would you be?
The perfect white t-shirt.
14) Favourite fashion apps?
Vestiaire Collective of course!
Good On You — brand ratings, articles and expertise on ethical and sustainable fashion.
15) Favourite piece you bought recently and why?
Louis Vuitton soft trunk mini clutch similar to this one:
And separately, this is the Hermes bag of my dreams — yes very different from the classic ones!
16) What is your dream project?
I have a lot and we are on the way to make them happen at Vestiaire—stay tuned for more details soon.
17) Dream collaborator?
Sarah Andelman from Colette Paris.
18) What’s your number one fashion rule?
One in one out. Selling a piece before buying a new piece.
19) Top 5 accounts to follow on social media
20) Where were the last three places you travelled to and what are the can’t miss shops?
Paris — I rediscovered my own town, and loved spending time walking around the Sentier neighbourhood and finding cool places, new shops and concept stores including Merci and Sezane for small accessories, The Socialite Family and Maison de Vacances.
Fiji — not a shop but we stayed at the Jean Michel Cousteau resort and did a lot diving. It was incredible!
Follow Fanny Moizant on @fannymoizant