Nothing motivates you more to organise your home, than a few weeks of self-isolation and extra time on your hands — and the manic, sugar highs that come from consuming your body weight in chocolate! Of course, the problems unique to living in Hong Kong also play a part. Everyone struggles with the lack of space, humidity and needing to do a seasonal clothing swap as early as February. Need some inspiration to start your wardrobe detox? Here’s some recommendations to get you going.
1) Style Sisters @stylesisters
Best friends and decluttering duo, who have turned wardrobe tidying into an art form. Check out their before-and-after shots for inspiration.
2) Marie Kondo @mariekondo
The one that started it all. Get motivated to live a life that sparks joy.
3) The Wishi @thewishi
Get digitally matched with an actual stylist and get styled from your own wardrobe. Or, have the stylist selects items for you to buy based on your answers to a quick Q&A.
4) Vestiaire Collective @vestiaireco
Sell desirable pre-loved fashion you no longer love or need with this community of global sellers. Don’t want to handle it yourself? Let PAKT do the work for you.
5) PAKT @PAKTofficial
Wardrobe management at its best. PAKT helps you digitise your wardrobe and decide what to keep, what to store and what to sell on.
PAKT’s Top Wardrobe Detox Tips
- Use slimline velvet hangers for uniformity and to maximise hanging space
- Use clear acrylic boxes for accessories
- Archive sentimental items to keep for future generations
- Rotate your clothes seasonally, keeping only what you are wearing in your home wardrobe and store the rest