With stints at Burberry, time spent producing events for Vivienne Westwood during London Fashion Week and as an editor for Hong Kong Tatler, Chloe Street knows her way around fashion. Now leading the charge for all things fashion and beauty at the London Evening Standard, she shares her love of white T- shirts, Cartier watches and Zoe Kravitz’s bad ass style.
1) Describe your style in 3 words
Fun, unfussy, ever-changing.
2) What’s the most precious item in your wardrobe and why?
The Cartier Ronde Solo watch my aunt gave me for my 21st. I think it’s the most perfect watch I’ve ever seen, and I’ve worn it every day since.
3) What’s your go to outfit?
High-wasted straight leg Levi’s, a white t-shirt tucked in, trainers and a soft jumper or leather jacket.
4) Favorite piece you bought recently and why?
I bought a pair of Nike P-6000 trainers and I’m obsessed with them. They’re quite geeky and high tech – I love the contrast of pairing them with ‘pretty’ dresses.
5) What is the best fashion advice you have received?
Wear what suits you, not what’s trending.
And don’t go clothes shopping when you’re hungover or hangry.
6) Who are your style icons?
I’m quite obsessed with a Danish blogger called Emili Sindlev. She does not put a sartorial foot wrong.
7) Less or more?
Less is definitely more. My mum always says it and she is almost always right.
8) If you could have anyone’s wardrobe whose would it be and why?
9) If you were an item of clothing what would you be?
Ideally the perfect white t-shirt. I’m forever searching.
10) Where do you love to shop?
I’m am H&M devotee — their studio collections are the coolest clothes the high street has to offer. I’ve also always loved charity shop shopping – the other day I picked up the most beautiful Aquascutum coat for £50 in the Oxfam near work. I literally ran out of the shop after I paid in case they changed their mind.
Other than that I mainly shop online – all the usuals: Net-a-Porter, MATCHESFASHION and ASOS are favourited tabs. For event dressing I am big into renting clothes – Hurr and Endless Wardrobe are two of my faves.
11) Favourite fashion apps?
12) If a museum asked you to donate one item from your wardrobe that represented you what would it be?
I could never donate my watch, so I think it would have to be my navy corduroy AC for AG dungarees. I bought them in the sales in Selfridges years ago and have probably never loved an item of clothing more.
13) What will we never find in your wardrobe?
Mint green and midi skirts – they make me look so mumsy for some reason!
14) What’s your number one fashion rule?
Be the girl that’s overdressed not underdressed. It’s cool to make an effort.