Through her luxury, retreat booking portal, Compare Retreats, Hong Kong based Dervla Louli Musgrave offers the inside track on the world’s best wellness and fitness escapes. We talk to her about her style, why more is more and whose wardrobe she covets.
1) Describe your style in 3 words
Eclectic and elegant with hints of gold.
2) What’s the most precious item in your wardrobe and why?
The gold and peridot necklace my dad designed and had made for my 12th birthday.
3) What’s your go to outfit?
4) Favorite piece you bought recently and why?
A Chanel scarab cuff from Karl Lagerfeld’s last collection. I’m half Egyptian and this collection was special for many reasons.
5) What is the best fashion advice you have received?
More quality, less quantity.
6) Who are your style icons?
7) Less or more?
8) If you could have anyone’s wardrobe whose would it be and why?
Lauren Santo Domingo – I love shopping her edit on Moda Operandi.
9) If you were an item of clothing what would you be?
My Chanel scarab cuff.
10) Where do you love to shop?
11) If a museum asked you to donate one item from your wardrobe that represented you what would it be?
My signed Vivienne Westwood Couture wedding dress.
12) What will we never find in your wardrobe?
A dropped waistline dress.
13) What’s your number one fashion rule?
Wear things that make you happy. If it feels wrong it is.