Celina Jade has been lighting up screens in the TV series Arrow and box office smash Wolf Warrior 2 cementing her place as one of Asia’s leading stars. Taking time out from her busy schedule, the actor and martial artist explains her love of Chanel and why a smile goes a long way.
1) Describe your style in 3 words
Sporty, sexy, adventurous.
2) What’s the most precious item in your wardrobe and why?
My black Chanel quilted calfskin purse. My mother gave it to me when I was 16 and it goes with everything. The bag may be small, but it holds a lot of memories.
3) What’s your go to outfit?
Jeans and a cool looking fitted Tee. You can be casual with flats or runners, or dress it up with a pair of killer heels for night.
4) Favourite piece you bought recently and why?
My cool looking Louis Vuitton Archlight sneakers. I got them to spice up my yoga leggings!
Image by Louis Vuitton
5) What is the best fashion advice you have received?
If you have confidence, you can wear anything. Just try to keep it simple.
6) Who are your style icons?
Audrey Hepburn and Angelina Jolie.
7) Personal style signifier
Smile! It never goes out of fashion and goes with every outfit.
Image via @celinajade
8) Less or more?
Less. Let you inner beauty shine through!
9) If you could have anyone’s wardrobe whose would it be and why?
Lady Gaga. But only for a day. I just want to know what other fantastical, crazy outfits she has in there.
10) If you were an item of clothing what would you be?
Probably a belt. Someone’s got to hold the pants up!
11) Where do you love to shop?
Paris and Seoul. They are really the leaders in fashion today.
12) Favourite fashion apps?
13) If a museum asked you to donate one item from your wardrobe that represented you what would it be?
My outfit from Wolf Warrior 2. It was very casual, but in a way, boyish yet sexy. Fans of the film loved it, it was very “devil may care”… and what I feel a strong independent woman would wear on a daily basis.
14) What will we never find in your wardrobe?
A lonely single sock… I recycle them and use them for cleaning.
15) What’s your number one fashion rule?
When in doubt, keep it simple and smile.
Follow Celina on @celinajade