Barbara Yu Larsson, the Co-Founder of PAKT shares her style secrets, where she loves to shop and what you’ll never find in her wardrobe.
1) Describe your style in three words
Classic, elegant and modern.
2) What’s the most precious item in your wardrobe and why?
3) What’s your go to outfit?
A short, shift dress in cotton or silk. Depending on what shoes I wear I am able to dress it up or down.
4) Favourite piece you bought recently and why?
I discovered a wonderful shop in Siem Reap, Eric Raisina Couture. His fabrics and colours are magnificent, I came out with a lace dress, linen trousers, silk blouses and a silk jacket that feels absolutely weightless. I love the explosion of colours and that his fabrics are all handmade.
5) What is the best fashion advice you have received?
Know what looks good on you and don’t follow fashion’s ups and downs.
6) Who are your style icons?
Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy Onassis.
7) Personal style signifier
Franck Mueller watches. I love changing the colour of the straps to suit the season and my mood.
8) Less or more?
Less. I think simplicity is a strong statement.
9) If you were an item of clothing what would you be?
A mini dress. This item of clothing really changed the way women dressed.
10) Where do you love to shop?
I’m often on the road so it depends on the city. In New York I always stop by Bergdorf Goodman, while in London I love the individuality of Browns. I can’t go to Stockholm without buying something from Natalie Schuterman. They have the most perfect things from each designer they stock. Of course closer to home, Lane Crawford has an ever changing mix of fashion, accessories and homewares.
11) Favourite fashion apps?
12) If a museum asked you to donate one item from your wardrobe that represented you, what would it be?
A stunning, evening dress in yellow, turquoise and orange sequins, designed by the wonderful Nadia Lavalle, founder of independent couture house, Spaghetti, London. Sadly it’s now closed.
13) What will we never find in your wardrobe?
Mouldy clothes! And jumpsuits…
14) What’s your number one fashion rule?
Does it make me feel beautiful?
15) What’s getting added to your shopping basket next?
The limited edition InStyle x karla Classic Badass t shirt, because all women no matter their style should have one of those!
Barbara Yu Larsson